Now accepting: written and photographic works for publication.
"WHAT SPORTSWEAR GETS WRONG
ABOUT THE FEMALE BODY"
Summer 2017, Writing by
"AROUND TOWN SERIES"
Spring 2017, Photography by
Kasandra Enid Torres
"POINTS OF CONVERGENCE"
Spring 2017, Photography by
Susannah van der Zaag
Now accepting: Politics (August/September)
1. Please be familiar with the content on our website; we only accept written pieces (think pieces, essays, listings) and photographic works (fashion or beauty editorials, street style, or photojournalistic series).
2. Please do not submit any previously published work - whether released on your social media or other editorial platforms - as we accept original content only.
3. We adhere to very strict quality standards, meaning that if none of the submissions that we receive are in line with the calibre of writing/imaging as well as our publication's voice, we will not share any of them. Please ensure, to the best of your ability, that you have spotless grammar and spelling; while we comb through all pieces for edits, we cannot spend hours reworking oodles of grammatical errors or unedited swaths of text. We also ask that you pay close attention to the kind of writing and images that we share on the site in order to better understand our tone.
4. We can only accept work from those over 13 years of age.
5. Depending on the volume of submissions, there is a possibility that we will be unable to contact you if you are not chosen to be published. If you don't hear from us within a month of submission, it's safe to assume that we cannot go forward with your submission.
6. If we accept your work, you agree to have it edited and workshopped for our team. You will get one chance to look over the final piece before it is published and may be consulted regarding the accompanying imagery. At that point, your submission must be guaranteed to be unique to Couturesque and cannot be re-submitted elsewhere.
7. We can cancel or remove your submission at any time.
8. For our safety (and time) considerations, we cannot accept pieces sent via an Internet link or downloadable file. For writing, please put your pitch in the body of the email. For photography, we ask that you send the images via Dropbox or Google Drive link; we will follow up if we need a higher resolution file sent.
9. Written submissions can be sent as pitches or as full stories.
10. Photographic submissions must have an editorial impetus. For fashion/beauty editorials, we are looking for at least 3 looks per shoot, with a unified story/theme. Your personal outfit or fashion 'blog' images will not be considered.
Read through all of this and agree? Send your submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org with
PHOTOGRAPHY or WRITING and your name in the Subject field.
August/September: POLITICS, due by August 31, 2018.
October/November: MUSIC, due by September 30, 2018.